Monday, June 27, 2016

So Many Things


I can buy myself flowers. I can carry my own groceries. I can go see a show by myself. I can find my way home. I can hold my own door. I can hang my own pictures. 

I want to dance with you. I want to make dinners with you, take you to parties and laugh with you. I want to wake up next to you with a stupid grin on my face thinking of whatever crazy shenanigans we had gotten into the night before. Snuggle up with you while we think of what the day will entail.

I want you there to fight battles together. To be my partner in crime, to sneak into closed buildings for breathtaking city views. To be the backup for the riots we'll start. To make up outlandish suggestions for things that we would never do. To sing silly songs with while we make breakfast in a tiny kitchen. To laugh with when we go on a hike and my butt leaves a sweat mark when we stop to rest for too long. To send you things throughout the day just to let you know I'm thinking of you. To make stupid jokes with. To cry with when things in the news are awful. 

I don't need you there. But I want you.

No comments:

Post a Comment