Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hands

"I wanna hold your hand."

Those lyrics have been echoing in my mind for days now. 

All I can think about is how much I want to hold your hand. Which is SO middle school. And yet, I think that would satisfy me.  It's driving me to the point of distraction. Where I'll be watching something and just think, "all I want right now is your hand." But of course, you aren't there, so I just imagine it, and get lightheaded with happiness. Of course, it would be better if it was reality.

And it probably would be enough for the briefest window of time, and then I'd want more. Greedy little things, aren't we?


“I won’t kiss you. It might get to be a habit and I can’t get rid of habits.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Flappers and Philosophers


(written 10/12/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment