Monday, August 10, 2015

It's the Start of Something NEW

So let's talk about real life for a second, guys. (Yes, the title is a High School Musical reference.)

This year has been nuts. My mom was diagnosed with Leukemia in January. My grandfather passed away in April. In the past few months, I have completely turned my life upside down. I quit my job, I broke up with my boyfriend, and I politely asked my roommate to get the fuck out of my apartment.

Is it that I'm getting close to 30? Is that why I'm making all these changes? Is it the alignment of the planets? Is it just because I'm growing up and I'm realizing that life is too short for the small things that make up the big picture to cause so much unhappiness? Who knows. The fact is, it happened, it's happening, life is life.

So! I joined some dating apps. Tinder, of course. 

Jswipe. 

Coffee Meets Bagel. 

Clover. 

Hinge. 

Happn. 

I tried to sign up for an app called "Align" which introduces you to people that you astrologically match with, but it wouldn't open on my phone. A SIGN FROM THE GODS.

So here I am, just trying to meet some folks, and figure out what I'm doing, where my place is on this planet, and really, what the point is of all this. 

I decided to continue to document my experiences and just sort of keep track of everything. Because I am in the generation of NO SECRETS. Let me just THROW my life in your face so you know what's going on! Why not, right? Stick around, who knows what might happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment